Disclaimer

*Disclaimer:
Here, I share my views based on my observations, experiences, judgement, perceptions and knowledge. Do not quote/use/refer/relate them to my family, community, employer, employee, business nor my country for whatever reason without my written consent.

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Unifi - my personal experience

Unifi - one of High Speed Broadband (HSBB) product served by Telekom Malaysia (TM)
For normal residential customer like me, the VIP5 serving 5Mb/s upload & download is enough but actually had a capping quota of 60Gb per month for only RM149/month.


I've been a Unifi customer almost 2 months since 3rd Oct 2011. My personal experience; I totally wasted the 1 month promo of free viewing of Premium channels because most of the Video On Demand (VOD) said to be free were priced from RM3 to RM15 for packages. So, I'm confused there. Besides, the installer did not teach us on how to view the VOD. So to avoid from paying for trying, better avoid it.


The channels, not as variety as ASTRO and not as inviting/interesting as ASTRO. So, I still have to continue my subscription with ASTRO. The IPTV lacks content. We only view via IPTV when it rains heavily & our ASTRO beyond do not have any signals. But we're forced only to view free channels i.e. RTM1, RTM2, TV3, NTV7, 8TV and TV9. The rest all in foreign language, boring documentaries & news channels. So, TM need to improve on the content. Since ASTRO is getting prouder by the day, this may be the only surviving competitor to ASTRO. MiTV had died a long time ago. What happened to their channels?
The broadband is okay. Fast. It seems that my Notebook is the slower one.


Later I'll continue with my review on Unifi.
Only my 2cents opinion.